Google My Business Listings Management Just Got A Lot Easier For Merchants
Updating correct business info, sharing photos, checking data on Google My Business can now be managed directly in Google Search whether on mobile or desktop.
Google My Business store operator clients the ability to edit and access their local listings information directly from Google Search.
The new feature follows a number of enhancements to the GMB local listings and digital presence management program.
For example, in June, GMB merchants and brands were presented with a new discovery tool dubbed Google Post that lets businesses create short announcements, promotions, events, and other news be found directly in query results and on their Google Maps listings.
Before that, GMB added the ability for restaurants to publish their entire, detailed menus within their search results across Google could change the way eateries are ultimately discovered by patrons interested in specific meals.
Now, rather than trying to access a separate web portal or app to manage their GMB account, all GMB merchants need to do is search for their business, and as long as they’re signed in from their shop’s related account, and they’ll be able to update their listing info, add posts, and more, a Google rep told GeoMarketing.
“Businesses succeed and grow when they reach new customers online,” wrote Ranjith Jayaram, product manager for Google Local Search in an official blog post. “With more than 80 percent of people searching the web to find local information, it’s important to have a high quality presence that showcases what makes your business unique.
“When people get to know your business, they are more likely to become customers,”Jayaram added. “Businesses with complete listings on Google are twice as likely to gain customer trust, 38 percent more likely to attract in-store visits, and 29 percent more likely to see a purchase.”
That’s why Google created a simple, easy-to-access business dashboard right in Google Search.
“Just find your business on Google Search, and you can complete and enhance your listing, share photos and posts related to your business, and see how many views you’re getting,” Jayaram’s post said.
Among the items that can be seamlessly managed from a Google Search page are:
- Add or correct business information, post updated hours, and more.
- Post on Google and stay engaged with your customers.
- Share photos that make your business stand out.
- See how many views your listing gets, and easily access detailed information about your listing’s performance.
- Know when users upload photos of your business.
- Quickly take the most important actions to complete and enhance your business listing.
As for the instructions for how to use the new tools, Google says:
- Find your business on Google Search and you will see a new, simple menu right above the search results. If you’re not seeing the menu, make sure you’re logged in with your business account.
- Click the edit button, and the fields you can edit will be highlighted. You can update your information and upload photos directly.