10 Things You Need To Know About Online-To-Offline Marketing This Week
All of the week's location news, from Yext's 'Location Lounge' to Verve Mobile's big buy.
GeoMarketing’s Link Picks of the Week:
- 10 Ways Beacons Will Change #SEO — Lisa Lacy, Search Engine Journal
- Digital Ads To Exceed $285B By 2020, $27B Lost With Ad Blockers — Sara Guaglione, MediaPost
- Facebook Is Changing Its News Feed Algorithm to Focus Less on Publishers’ Content — Marty Swant, Adweek
- Twitter quietly launches tags to location feeds with Foursquare— Josh Constine, TechCrunch
- Online-to-Offline: Is Local’s Holy Grail Within Reach? — Michael Boland, Street Fight
Top Stories of the Week:
Location-based marketing isn’t just about joining online and offline; it’s about outdoors and indoors more than ever.
At Yext’s Location Lounge, panelists from across the marketing industry probed the burgeoning link between location data and offline sales — and why its growth is only just beginning.
Hyperlocal data isn’t just about targeting the mobile device, writes LocalWave’s Angela Potts.
The drugstore chain claims that more than 135 million paperless coupons have been virtually ‘clipped.’
Consumers can be best best targeted via any channel — e.g., email, mobile push or SMS message — but doing so based on where they are is key.