10 Things To Know About Online-To-Offline Marketing This Week
All the news this week, from how McDonald's gaming strategy will influence its marketing in 2018 to what marketers need to know about natural language processing.
GeoMarketing’s Link Picks of the Week:
- Predictions: How Search Will Be Transformed In 2018 And Beyond — Laurie Sullivan, Search Marketing Daily
- ‘Alexa: How will voice impact my mobile marketing?’— Kristin Cronin, MarTech Today
- What you need to know about SEO in 2018 — Natasa Djukanovic, Smartbrief
- Hilton experiments with the future of hospitality at its new Innovation Gallery— Andrea Sachs, The Washington Post
- Improving search and advertising are the next frontiers for voice-activated devices— Lisa Lacy, TechCrunch
Top Stories of the Week:
Here’s what marketers need to know about the field of computer science making it possible for voice-activated assistants to understand spoken requests — and then answer them.
The role of reviews has changed dramatically for local businesses since Google bought Zagat in 2011. And so has Google’s ability to manage brands’ offline digital presence.
3. GroundTruth Brings In Microsoft Vet Eric Hadley As CMO And Ex-comScore Exec Jeff Hackett As SVP Of Sales
Hadley is succeeding former Ground Truth CMO Monica Ho as the company continues its search for a new CEO.
2. Amazon’s Dave Isbitski: With Voice-Enabled ‘Everything,’ Brands Must Get Back To Conversational Basics
Following a keynote at Yext’s ONWARD conference, Isbitski discussed the mainstreaming of Alexa — and the next phase of the mass shift to voice for marketers.
“McDonald’s is historically a fun brand” says Tim Snyder, McDonald’s digital business optimization director. “Gaming is just a natural extension of what we’re doing right now with Uber Eats and delivery.”