GeoMarketing’s Link Picks of the Week:
- Lululemon Rises Most in Three Months After Defying Athletic Woes — Lindsey Rupp, Bloomberg
- The Purpose of a Store— Captain Customer
- Yext CMO Jeffrey Rohrs on digital knowledge and everywhere brands — Lisa Lacy, The Drum
- AI: 5 Things Every CEO Should Know— Shelley Palmer, on her blog.
- Google Will Now Talk Through Speakers, Fridges and Vacuums— Mark Bergen, Bloomberg
Top Stories of the Week:
And with the rise of voice search, the ways they interact on mobile are changing.
S4M will offer Factual’s store visitation measurement solution to clients including McDonald’s, Subway, Levi’s, Renault, and more, says European Managing Director Mandeep Mason.
“We’re trying to make it easier for customers to start and stop anywhere,” says Best Buy VP Shari Rossow. “It’s now a basic expectation for how we all shop.”
The ability to measure the influence of digital media on offline activity and the increasing integration of the digital and physical worlds is a compelling and even profound development with significant implications, writes the LSA’s Greg Sterling.
As expectations for location ads rise, so do accuracy worries, says Placed CEO David Shim.