10 Things To Know About Online-To-Offline Marketing This Week
All the location news this week, from Alexa's role in Amazon Prime Day to GM's shared mobility ambitions.
GeoMarketing’s Link Picks of the Week:
- Will Snapchat Successfully Follow in Foursquare’s Footsteps? — Jay Hawkinson, Adweek
- Apple’s HomePod and Apple Watch are in demand, analysts say— Caitlin Huston, MarketWatch
- Uber’s self-driving trucks have a new, fresh, Otto-less look — Andrew J. Hawkins, The Verge
- West Elm’s New AI Tool Scans Pinterest To Recommend Furnishings— Sean Captain, FastCompany
- DexYP: What Should the Brand and Strategy Be Going Forward?— Greg Sterling, Screenwerk
Top Stories of the Week:
“This is the driving force behind NinthDecimal Labs as we look to not only address today’s business opportunities but also help capitalize on those that emerge in the future,” says NinthDecimal CEO Mike Fordyce.
‘The infrastructure our team has built for Maven City and Maven Home car sharing is also providing valuable insights to inform the next stage of mobility, says General Motors’ Peter Kosak.
“This will mark the second year that Amazon pushes ‘voice shopping’ with Alexa-exclusive deals,” says says Park Associates Analyst Dina Abdelrazik.
With voice as the ‘new frontier’ of SEO, brands need to explore how to get voice assistants to see them as the best option for recommendation.
The upscale Detroit retailer Shinola tapped MullenLowe Mediahub and PlaceIQ to connect local audiences in six markets to larger national stories.